Chris Maier is a registered patent attorney and practices all aspects of patent prosecution and patent litigation, including inter partes review proceedings and ex parte reexamination at the USPTO, international patent portfolio development and management, and opinion work. Chris has experience working across a variety of technologies, including electrical and computer engineering, software, mechanical engineering, and medical device technologies.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney Chris worked at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) as a patent examiner. Chris specialized in flat panel display technology as well as associated device driving software and computer control and peripheral devices.
Chris is a frequent lecturer on the latest strategies and trends in intellectual property for both U.S. and international audiences. Chris previously acted as a committee chair for the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) and as delegate for numerous AIPLA domestic and international meetings. Additionally, he previously served as a faculty member for the Patent Resources Group (PRG).
- BSEE Vanderbilt University
- JD George Mason University School of Law
- United States Patent Office
- Virginia State Bar
- Eastern District Court of Virginia and Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle (AIPPI)