Tim Harbeck is a registered patent attorney and practices all aspects of patent prosecution and patent litigation, including inter partes review proceedings and ex parte reexamination at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), patent application drafting and prosecution, intellectual property transactions, portfolio management, and opinion work. Tim has experience working across a variety of technologies, including mechanical engineering, software, medical device, and automotive technologies.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney Tim worked at the USPTO as a patent examiner. Tim examined a variety of business method and software patents pertaining to finance, banking and investment, portfolio selection, electronic trading, and securities bid matching.
- BSME University of Virginia
- JD George Mason University School of Law
- United States Patent Office
- Virginia State Bar
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- (AIPLA)American Bar Association (ABA)
- The Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court